Below is a recipe that tastes like the bad, sugary stuff but is filled with the best ingredients -- sans le sugar!
Watermelon is loaded with Vitamins A & C, potassium and magnesium making it a skin loving ingredient. And being made up 92% water and almost no calories -- it is the optimal summertime fruit to help maintain your body’s water level during hot days.
An added bonus: It is so simple and quick to make. Enjoy!
- 3 cups of diced frozen watermelon
- ½ cup lime juice
- Optional: If you want a spicy kick, 1 tsp ginger juice
- Choose a fully ripe watermelon.
- Dice the watermelon in small cubes. (If you have a regular blender, make sure your watermelon dices are small.) Freeze overnight.
- Put all the ingredients in a Vitamix blender till puréed.
- Pour into a a shallow dish and freeze for at least an hour.
- Scrape top with a fork and place shavings into dishes, serve & enjoy!