We didn’t get as many sweet treats as we thought we would this Valentine’s Day... so to fulfill our lingering sweet tooth, we whipped up these rich, chocolatey vegan truffles.
In place of cream, we used full fat coconut milk to create that rich, creamy, decadent texture without the dairy. Then we coated the truffles in our favorite superfood and beauty ingredient, raw cacao.
Cacao is loaded with the antioxidants that your skin craves. Raw cacao actually has more antioxidant power than green tea and berries COMBINED! Antioxidant-rich foods like raw cacao are a vital part of the diet because they help repair free radical damage to your skin tissues. Free radicals are one of the primary causes of visible skin aging and your body needs to be constantly nourished with substances that protect and defend.
Enjoy this sweet treat! x
1/2 cup Canned Coconut Milk
4 oz bittersweet chocolate (vegan friendly)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp maple syrup
Cacao Powder for coating
1. Break or cut chocolate into small pieces and place into a bowl.
2. Heat milk in a saucepan on low. Stir in vanilla and maple syrup. Let it come to a simmer but do not boil.
3. Pour milk mixture over chocolate. Let it sit for a minute or two so the chocolate can melt before mixing it to combine. It should be a silky smooth ganache.
4. Let it cool in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. You can stir it every 30 minutes to ensure it is cooling evenly. If leaving overnight, seal with cling wrap.
5. Once cooled and scoopable, take it out of the fridge. Using a teaspoon, scoop and roll balls.
6. When all the truffles are formed, roll them in cocoa powder to coat.