If you’re a health foodie, you’ve probably seen Buddha Bowls all over Instagram and Pinterest. These beautiful and nutritious bowls are not only Insta-worthy but also packed with superfoods, whole grains, and crunchy vegetables that will elevate your salad bowl while keeping you full.
This Vegan Quinoa Buddha Bowl is served with chickpeas, which provide an excellent source of protein, B vitamins and beta-carotene to help support the vitality of your skin.
You can make this easy recipe for a lazy dinner or late lunch :-) Just toss all the ingredients together in a bowl and voilà!
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 small can chickpeas
1 tbs vegetable oil
Spices: salt, pepper, turmeric, cayenne pepper, red paprika
Thyme and oregano
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup kale
1/2 cup parsley
Avocado dressing (optional)
1 clove garlic
2 tbs plant-based plain yogurt
2 tbs water, or more as needed
Pinch of salt
Squeeze of lemon
1. Cook quinoa according to package instructions: add 1 cup quinoa to a pot with 2 cups of water, season with salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, until the quinoa has soaked up all of the water.
2. Prepare roasted chickpeas: drain chickpeas and pat dry with a paper towel. Add a tablespoon of oil and season with spices, pinch of salt, thyme and oregano. Bake in the oven preheated to 200°C / 390°F for about 25-30 minutes until the chickpeas turn golden brown.
3. Prepare the vegetables: wash and dry baby spinach and kale, then cut into strips. Peel and grate carrot. Chop parsley.
4. Prepare the avocado cream dressing: blend ingredients until smooth. Depending how thick you like your dressing add more or less water. Store in an air-tight container.
5. Assemble your quinoa salad: in a bowl, place cooked quinoa, vegetables, roasted chickpeas, and chopped parsley. Top with a squeeze of lemon and avocado cream dressing.