This week, I want to share another super-delicious and easy-to-make summer treat. These vegan grapefruit tart squares are loaded with Vitamin A & C and lycopene and to ward off wrinkles and ensure smooth and healthy skin.
Gather your grapefruits and get baking! Enjoy :)
1 cup Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Flour
⅓ cup coconut oil melted
½ cup powdered sugar
For the grapefruit filling:
1 ripe banana
Zest and juice of 1/2 large grapefruit
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 pan and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, coconut oil, and powdered sugar until the dough comes together. Press into the bottom of the greased pan and bake for 7-9 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. You don't want to over bake the crust, or it will become too hard after you add the filling. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl with a handheld mixer, beat together the banana, grapefruit juice and zest, sugar, vanilla extract, cornstarch and flour until fairly smooth and combined.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, until filling it set. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until cool.
5. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.