At the end of the day we all deserve to treat yourself. This recipe is exactly what everyone needs, since it is filled with all natural energizing ingredients.
Chocolate is an irresistible treat. Some of the health benefits of chocolate are that the high levels of antioxidants that help reduce fatigue. Plus, who does not feel amazing after eating a soft chewy chocolate cookie? The next time you are craving chocolate it might be your body telling you that it needs a healthy energy boost. 😉
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup (125g) All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup (56g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Soy Milk (or any other alternative non-dairy milk)
- 3.5 oz (100g) Vegan Dark Chocolate
- Plus desired amount of chopped chocolate for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add vegan butter and brown & white sugar to a large bowl. Use an electric mixer till they are cream together. Now add vanilla to the mix.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, coca powder) into a small bowl. Mix in baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix in by hand until crumbly.
- Add the 1 Tbsp soy milk (or other non-dairy milk), and mix it into a thick cookie dough.
- Add the dark chocolate chunks into the mix.
- Roll dough into small balls, and space it evenly on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are firm.
- Press in remaining chocolate chunks to the top of cookies as they come out of the oven.