Whether you’re making something sweet for a special someone, spending time with friends, or taking time for yourself, this Vegan Dark Chocolate Mousse is the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day. Using only 4 ingredients, not only is this simple to make, but it’s dairy-free, gluten-free, and guilt-free. Top it off with your favorite fruit, and get ready to indulge.
- 15 oz can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- Toppings of your choice (cocoa, fresh fruit, shredded coconut)
- Chill can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- Place a medium sized bowl into the freezer to chill for 5 minutes.
- Remove the canned coconut milk from the refrigerator and slowly turn it upside down, then open the can and carefully pour the liquid coconut milk out into a separate vessel until the hardened coconut milk is all that is left in the can (the liquid will not be used for this recipe).
- Scoop the hardened coconut milk into the chilled bowl.
- Beat until fluffy with an electric hand mixer. Start at a low speed and increase to higher speed until stiff peaks start to form.
- Add the sweetener, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder, and continue to beat until a mousse texture is achieved.
- Add the toppings of your choice. Serves 2.