Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
Creamy, warm, and skin nutritious, this soup is a transition dish into the new Autumn weather.
The popular root vegetable carrot is high in beta carotene, an antioxidant that is converted to vitamin A inside the body. This helps repair skin tissue and protects against harsh UV rays. Ginger is known as a healing food remedy for everything from upset stomachs to cold and flu symptoms. However it also has equally impressive skincare benefits. It contains around 40 antioxidant properties that prevent free radical damage and protect against aging.
The two paired together in this recipe compliment each other by creating a slight spiciness with a mild carrot taste.
1 inch slice of ginger
2 cups of Purified Water
Dash of salt
1 tsp coconut oil
Toasted pine nuts to top
- Peel the ginger and grate half of it, put aside.
- Chop up the rest of the ginger in small pieces.
- Peel and cut the carrots in thick slices.
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil and add in the chopped carrots and ginger. Roast until they start to get brown.
- Ad the water and let boil for about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool off a little big before pouring into the blender and blending it for about a minute until fine and creamy.
- Pour soup back in the pot, heat up and slowly add salt to taste.
- When the soup is hot, serve and top with toasted pine nuts and the grated ginger. Enjoy!