I've been vegan for about 15 years and I have so many favorite vegan meals. In all honestly though, my go-to is whatever I can whip up in about 15 minutes. For nice comfort food, I absolutely love making tacos with fresh ingredients like portobello mushrooms, black beans, brown rice, yellow onion, shredded romaine, avocado, spicy salsa... super delicious combo!
Bon Appétit! - Valérie
- 2 large portobello mushrooms (stems removed & thinly sliced)
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 large avocado (sliced)
- 2 bell peppers (of choice, sliced)
- 1 can of refried black beans (cooked to package instructions)
- Pico de gallo
- 2-3 tortillas (for serving)
- brown rice (cooked to package instructions)
- 1 heart romaine (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Whisk fajita seasonings together in a bowl and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, add oil to a large skillet.
- Once oil is heated, add sliced onions and cook until caramelized.
- Add a bit more oil to the pan, then add sliced mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Sprinkle fajita seasoning onto the vegetables as they cook.
- Warm tortillas.
- Place refried black beans, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and avocado slices into each tortilla. Top with pico de gallo and shredded romaine.
- Serve with brown rice on the side. Makes 2-3 fajitas.