Sunny California doesn’t play when it comes to 100-degree days! If you’re spending more time outdoors for a beach day, hiking trip, or picnic in the park, this fresh summer-inspired Vegan Spring Rolls recipe is your ultimate go-to on a sizzling summer day.
Cilantro and mint pair together to add fresh flavor and are also known to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
You are what you eat, so a healthy gut is fundamental to achieving glowing, clear skin! Head over to your kitchen and treat yourself to these delicious fresh Spring Rolls :-)
1 lb. firm tofu, drained, rinsed and pressed
1 packed cup shredded Napa cabbage
1 packed cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
2 cups cooked vermicelli noodles (or thin rice noodles)
12-15 rice paper wrappers
SPICY PEANUT-LIME PEANUT SAUCE
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 small lime, juiced
1 tablespoon hot water
- Whisk together all ingredients for the peanut-lime sauce and set aside.
- Drain and press the tofu.
- Heat a large cast-iron or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Slice the tofu into thin slices so they can lay flat on the rice paper rolls.
- Place the tofu in a single layer on the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Prep the vegetables, tofu, and noodles.
- To assemble spring rolls, pour very hot water into a shallow dish and place 1 rice paper to soften for about 10-15 seconds.
- Layer the tofu, noodles, cabbage, carrots, mint and cilantro on the bottom third of the paper. Gently fold over once, tuck in edges, and continue rolling until seam is sealed. (like a burrito!)
- Place seam-side down on a serving platter and cover with damp warm towel to keep fresh. Repeat until finished, you should have about 12-15 spring rolls total.
- Serve with remaining peanut-lime sauce. Enjoy!