Two (caps) are better than one. This week we are enjoying these delicious & healthy Spinach-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. 😋 They are impressive on their own or can be served with a tossed salad for an overload of veggies.
Spinach is a highly deemed dark leafy green vegetable full of vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants. We’ve all seen Popeye eating it, so it’s true that this promising superfood helps strengthen great health and skin ;)
Bon Appétit x
4 large portobello mushrooms
1/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
1/4 cup chopped red peppers
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pkg. fresh spinach (10 oz each)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems. Use spoon or sharp knife to scrape gills from caps; discard gills. Brush 1 Tbsp. dressing onto rounded sides of caps.
3. Line the bottom of the baking pan with foil paper. Then place rounded-sides down.
4. Heat remaining dressing in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add chopped stems, peppers and garlic; cook and stir 2 min.
5. Add spinach, then cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 4 min or until spinach is wilted, stirring after 2 min. Spoon over mushroom caps; top with cheese.
6. Bake 18 to 20 min. or until mushrooms are tender. Enjoy!