Spicy Tofu Rice Paper Rolls
Spring rolls are one of favorite item to order at any pho restaurant. They are a colorful treat that taste as good as it looks! The vibrate colors from the veggies make this meal feel like you are eating a rainbow.
This recipe takes does take a little spicy twist, since the tofu is baked with Sriracha! 🔥🔥🔥 The kick of spice from the sriracha give this meal a nice heat.
- 1 Block of Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp Sirarcha
- ½ Red Pepper, julienned
- 1 Large Carrot, julienned
- ⅓-½ long English Cucumber, julienned
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- Small Handful of Baby Spinach
- ½ cup Red Cabbage
- 6-9 rice papers
- 2tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2-3 tbsp water to thin
Baked Sriracha & Soy Sauce Tofu
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Slice your tofu into long strips
- Add the tofu to mixing bowl, and mix in olive oil, sriracha, and soy sauce.
- Spread evenly on a lined baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes. Save remaining sauce, and set aside.
- Remove sheet from oven, and drizzle remaining sauce. Bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- Place in the fridge and let it chill.
- Soak a single rice paper in hot water, until it is completely soft.
- Let it sit for 30 seconds to absorb any excess water.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds to the center of the wrap
- Arrange julienned veggies down the middle of the wrap, and top off with tofu & green onion.
- Fold in the edges inward and roll it together
Spicy-Sweet Peanut Sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk vigorously
- Store extra in the fridge, and save it for later.