Raw Vegan Spring Rolls
If there was ever a time to make fresh spring rolls, it is this summer. Cooling with a salad-like filling, this is the perfect dish to enjoy on a hot afternoon and a great way to eat vegetables.
These are filled with carrots, avocado, sprouts, fresh lettuce, cucumber slices, and broccoli. Sounds amazing doesn't it?
Here is why we love it:
With the superpower ingredient carrot you are getting lots of vitamin A (great for your skin!) as well as a protective against cardiovascular disease.
Cucumber keeps you hydrated (a must in the summer!), helps flush out toxins, and supplies your skin with minerals such as magnesium, potassium and silicon.
The incredibly nutritious avocado is loaded with healthy fat and contains more potassium than bananas!
Last but not least, the ingredient that usually goes unnoticed: sprouts. They have an unusually high number of enzymes which help boost metabolic processes and chemical reactions within the body, specifically when it comes to digestion.
So much goodness in one wrap, this is a must-try recipe!
- Rice Paper or Thin long strips of cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 4 slices firm tofu (optional)
- 2 cups sprouts
- ½ carrot
- Sliced peppers, broccoli, crunchy veggies of choice
- ¼ cucumber
- Rice vinegar dressing (rice vinegar, sugar, seasame oil)
- First prepare all the veggies: Julienne slice the carrots, peel & slice the avocado, cut the cucumber and other veggies in slices. (Pan fry tofu if you are using)
- Next assemble the spring rolls. Let one rice wrapper after another soak in water until they're soft and transfer it on a moist plate.
- Place the veggies (and tofu) in the lower ⅓ of the rice wrapper or cucumber slice, drizzle a little of the rice vinegar dressing over them, then roll it in as tight as possible.
- Repeat for the other rolls & sprinkle them with black and white sesame seeds for the looks! :)