They say you are what you eat! These high-vibrational Raw Chocolate Chia Energy Bars are incredible to have for a quick post-workout snack or on your weekend adventures.
Dates are loaded with a host of nutrients to boost your energy and provide benefits to your health and skin. Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, acting as your beauty powerhouse.
Enjoy them after your next workout class or a morning hike :-)
1 ½ cups packed, pitted dates
⅓ cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1/2 cup whole chia seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup raw walnut pieces
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
1/2 cup oats
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt (optional)
1. Place dates in blender or food processor and purée until they form a thick paste forms.
2. Add the walnuts and mix to combine.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick dough.
4. Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Firmly press the mixture into the pan, pressing tightly into all corners.
5. Place in the freezer for at least a few hours up to overnight.
6. Lift out of the pan and cut into 14 bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!