Raw Cacao Pomegranate Bars
When two ingredients like pomegranate seeds and cacao come together, the result is almost too good to be true and definitley impossible to resist.
Not only are these bars simple to make and sweet tooth approved, but they also have some hidden health benefits!
Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants (even more than blueberries, acai berries, and grapes!), meaning they protect you against free radicals. 1 pomegranate is equivalent to about 40% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C.
Cacao beans contain natural chemicals called flavonoids which are a type of antioxidant compound that promotes health and has capability of lowering your risk for several diseases.
So excited for you to try this recipe! Let me know what you think in the comments below xx
2 1/2 C dates (pitted and soaked in warm water for 10min)
3/4 C cacao powder
2 T cacao nibs
1/4 t sea salt
1-2 pomegranates, de-seeded
1 t coconut oil
1. In a food processor, pulse cacao powder, coconut oil, sea salt and dates until dough consistency is achieved.
2. Add enough dates so that mixture holds together when squeezed with your hand. (you might not use all of them)
3. Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined 8X8 dish and before pressing, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and cacao nibs.
4. Press down with hands until it is flat and firm. Lay down a piece of plastic wrap to prevent sticking and get it really flat.
5. Place in freezer or fridge to chill for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into 12 squares. Store in airtight container to keep fresh for up to 4 days.