A little scone with big flavor, these Pumpkin Scones give us the fall vibes we have been craving. Pumpkin is packed with fiber making these both filling and good for you! Put on your coziest clothes and take a bite out of these crumbly little treats for breakfast or any time of day.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup solid coconut oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, brown sugar, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Either with a pastry cutter or fork, incorporate the coconut oil into the dry mixture until fully combined.
- In another bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Combine the contents of the two bowls and mix together.
- Sprinkle your surface with flour, and knead the dough 3-4 times. Make sure not to knead too much, as that will make the dough tough. Roll out the dough until it is 1 inch thick.
- With a knife or cookie cutter, cut out 8 even triangles. Place your scones on a lined baking sheet, and bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- While the scones are baking, make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and almond milk in a small bowl.
- Remove the scones from the oven, and let them fully cool down (about 10 minutes). Then drizzle the glaze over the scones.