Hi everyone! Maria here from Spinach For Breakfast. I am always looking for new recipes that are easy and healthy for my little guys at home. I want them to be made with real ingredients, without added sugar, and of course to be delish! These Mini Banana Muffins are wholesome and naturally sweetened with fruit. I’m hanging onto the summer strawberries, but these can easily be made with apples to transition into fall.
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned whole oats
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 flax egg*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries (optional)
*Make your “flax egg” by mixing 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons hot water. Flax egg must be made separately before adding to batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add everything to a food processor (except for the strawberries) and process until combined.
- Pour into a bowl and gently mix in the diced strawberries.
- Spray a 24 slot mini muffin tin with oil or line with paper liners.
- Fill each slot almost all of the way full.
- If desired, sprinkle extra diced strawberries and oats on top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, and then allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze!