Spring is one of my favorite times of the year because of all the plants that come into season, making it easy to find nutrition in plant-based meals. Artichokes are an amazing example of that: they have 25% of your daily requirement of Vitamin C and Vitamin K which help increase collagenproduction and protect your body against any free radical damage. Not to mention they’re delicious, especially when roasted and paired with rosemary, lemon (another big source of Vitamin C) and garlic, like in this recipe.
4 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
4 tbsp coconut oil
4 sprigs rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cut the tip of the artichokes off and halve them. Scoop the fuzzy choke out of the centers.
3. Place the artichokes cut side up in a baking dish and brush lemon juice over them. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Peel the garlic, cut each clove in half then slice the remaining lemon and place on top of the artichokes.
5. Melt the coconut oil and stir in rosemary leaves. Pour on top of the artichokes.
6. Cover the dish in foil and place in the oven. Cook for 30 minutes or until the artichokes are soft.