Hi all! Maria here from Spinach for Breakfast. I am so excited to share this Lavender Lemonade that is perfect for Mother’s Day! As a mama to be, I am always thinking of what I am putting into my body both for my own health and for the little guy still growing in there. I drink a ton of water to stay hydrated, often passing on other forms of drinks that have unnecessary sugar or calories. But every once and awhile I want something delicious and refreshing to sip on. :)
Lavender is actually great for relieving stress, improving mood, aiding in better sleep, and reducing inflammation. It also has great natural skin benefits like reducing irritation and treating acne and wrinkles. So not only does this Lavender Lemonade taste amazing, but you’re getting those additional benefits as well. Take a look at the recipe below and add this pretty pink drink to your next brunch menu!
3 tablespoons of dried food grade lavender (loose)
6 cups of water
1/3 cup of sugar
Ice (to serve)
1. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Squeeze the juice from all 6 lemons, removing any seeds, and set aside.
3. Add the lavender, lemon juice, and sugar to the boiling water and stir until most of the sugar is dissolved.
4. Remove the pot from heat, cover and allow to sit for at least two hours (or longer for a more infused lavender flavor)
5. Strain the lemonade to remove the lavender and pour into pitcher.
6. Chill in the fridge and then serve over ice with fresh mint if desired.
Makes about a half gallon of lavender lemonade.