There’s nothing like waking up to a fresh, warm cup of coffee in the morning. The promise of your entire day being filled with good vibes and energy seems to be brighter than usual. 😌 Even if you’re not huge coffee connoisseurs, this cozy Gingerbread Latte really hits home with a little bit of sweet and a little bit of spice.
Forget the trip to Starbucks, enjoy all the classic holiday flavors with a hint of warm spices like ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon all in one cup! Aromatic cinnamon is packed with beauty benefits, so never underestimate this handy spice. Busting with vitamins and antioxidants, it helps promote radiant and youthful-looking skin.
With just one sip, you will almost taste Christmas right around the corner ;-) For an extra festive touch, serve it in a red coffee mug and put on your holiday playlist.
1/2 cup strongly-brewed coffee (or two shots of espresso)
1 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond milk
Coconut whipped cream (optional)
1. In a small bowl or measure cup, combine the coffee or espresso, molasses, maple syrup, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla.
2. Whisk together until well-combined. Pour evenly between two coffee mugs.
3. Heat the milk until steaming in a small saucepan.
4. Froth by either using an electric frother or by placing the milk in a heat-proof jar with a tight-fitting lid and shaking.
5. Pour the milk evenly between the two mugs. Spoon on the frothy milk on top. Enjoy!