Whether you are feeling romantic or ready to mingle, we could all use a little more love and sweetness this season. These Guiltless Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are the perfect treat to enjoy when you want to #treatyourself.
As an incredible chocolate substitute, carob is naturally sweet, rich and delicious. It contains vital nutrients and is completely free of caffeine. Strawberries are also loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C to help nourish your skin from within.
Voilà, enjoy this lush recipe with a glass of champagne. 🥂
1/2 cup sweetened carob chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Optional: shredded unsweetened coconut chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips
1. In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil and carob chips in the microwave or in a saucepan over low simmering water until melted.
2. Stir until completely smooth.
3. Once at a time, use a skewer in the center of one strawberry and dip in the chocolate and twirl around to coat.
4. Lay them on a parchment lined or wax paper lined baking sheet.
5. Coat all strawberries once, then coat a second time.
6. Sprinkle on any toppings of choice.
7. Let set for 10-15 minutes to harden. Enjoy!