CREAMY COCONUT LENTIL CURRY
Fall Sundays are for all things cozy. Big blankets, good books, preferably a face mask, and a big bowl of this soup! 😘 We are in love with this Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry recipe. It is warming, savory and extra luscious thanks to the addition of rich coconut milk. It is also perfectly spiced with aromatic ginger, turmeric and cayenne pepper -- all incredible ingredients to round up this comforting meal and give you a serious boost of energy.
Ginger is a natural ingredient that has been used for centuries to provide beneficial beauty benefits. Because of its toning and antioxidant properties, ginger can reduce the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation when used on the skin.
What makes this recipe special is its beautiful golden color and savory taste that will keep you coming back for more :-)
Bon Appetit! x
4 cups water
1 1/2 cups golden yellow lentils (rinsed and drained)
COCONUT CURRY SAUCE
1 Tbsp coconut oil or water
1 small shallot (diced)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
3 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 Tsp ground turmeric
1/8 Tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
1-2 Tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Bring water to a boil in a large pot or saucepan. Add lentils and bring back to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook lentils uncovered for 4-5 minutes or until just tender. Then drain and set aside. Be careful not to overcook or they can become mushy (cooking time will vary by variety of lentil)
2. In the meantime, heat a large rimmed skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil or water, shallot, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add salt, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne and cook for 1 minute more. Lower heat to low.
3. Add coconut milk and coconut sugar (or maple syrup) and stir to combine. Cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes to combine the flavors.
4. Add the drained, cooked lentils to the coconut sauce and stir. Add more salt, curry powder or season to taste.
5. Turn off heat, add lemon juice, and stir. Served with rice, cauliflower rice, steamed or roasted vegetables. Enjoy :-)