Matcha green tea benefits are superior compared to other green teas and aid your body successfully in detoxification. Matcha tea is loaded with the most potent and beneficial anti-aging antioxidants and is the perfect add on to any anti-aging plan.
Matcha is very high in antioxidants and amino acids. L-theanine is the most prevalent amino acid and is known to have a relaxing effect on the mind and body. The nutrients are much more dense because unlike standard green teas you are actually drinking the entire matcha tea leaf. Traditionally monks would sip matcha tea to help ease their mind for meditation. This recipe requires care and time but the end result is worth it :)
1/2 Cup Almond Flour
1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
3 Tbsp Warm Water - you can adjust water consistency for thick or thin pancakes.
1 Tbsp Matcha
1/2 Tsp Baking powder
1.5 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
1/4 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil or coconut milk
1. Preheat a griddle or small non stick frying pan or a skillet to medium heat.
2. In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients of almond flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and gently add the dry ingredients (2-3tsp at a time). ?Whisk everything together to form a lump-free batter.
4. Add oil/spray to the pan, and add one dollop of the pancake batter at the center of the pan.
5. Spread it in circle using a ladle (spread more for thin pancakes or less for thick pancakes).
6. Flip when you see bubbles on the top and cook till the bottom is golden brown. Similarly, finish making all the pancakes.
7. Transfer the pancakes on serving plate and drizzle with coconut cream topping.
8. Serve immediately.