Madeleines are the perfect French treat to wake up to in the morning. Vegan-friendly and not too sweet, these pair well with a cup of café au lait. Take a moment for yourself this a.m. with this classic French delicacy.
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any other milk substitute)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- powdered sugar (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together (almond flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch).
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients (butter, almond milk, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and sugar).
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until the batter is fully incorporated. Set batter aside for at least 20 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat pan with vegan butter, and sprinkle flour to prevent your madeleines from sticking to the pan.
- Spoon the mixture into the mold, and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once pan is cool, dust your madeleines with powdered sugar if using.