Vegan Banana Bread
This vegan banana bread will be the perfect addition to your weekend breakfast table!
Made with overripe bananas, cinnamon and walnuts, your house will be filled with a delicous banana bread aroma :-)
And of course we can't forget the beauty benefits. Bananas are rich in powerful antioxidants, phytochemicals and moisture. Its nutrients, zinc and lectin, play a huge role in fighting acne causing germs and bacteria. It is also a great exfoliator that helps slough off excess sebum on skin's surface. Potassium and vitamins C & E all promote clear glowing skin.
1 1/3 cups mashed very ripe banana (about 4 medium or 3 large)
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1/3 cup nut milk
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1 1/2 cups light/white spelt flour or whole-grain spelt flour
Optional Toppings: Sliced banana, chopped walnuts, and/or dairy free chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth, and make sure you.
3. Stir the wet ingredients (ground flax, milk, melted oil, maple syrup, and vanilla) into the banana until combined.
4. Stir the dry ingredients (sugar, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour) into the wet mixture, one by one, in the order listed. Stop stirring when there are no flour patches at the bottom of the bowl.
5. Spoon the dough into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Add your desired toppings and gently press them into the dough to adhere.
6. Bake the loaf, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes, until lightly golden and firm on top. The top of the loaf should slowly spring back when touched.
7. Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Then, slide a knife around the loaf to loosen it and gently remove it from the pan, placing it directly onto the cooling rack until completely cooled.
8. Slice the loaf once cooled. Pairs nicely with a vegan buttery spread or coconut oil.