The holidays are a season for eating; surrounded by sweets and all kinds of holiday treats, it can be hard not to overindulge. This Turmeric Ginger Butternut Squash soup is great for a post-holiday detoxifying meal, and it’s so simple to make!
Butternut squash is an excellent source of fiber and Vitamin C, while Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory herb great for detoxing the body. Ginger aids digestion and has antioxidant effects.
All of these ingredients combined make for the perfect nutritious, cleansing meal to start your new year off right! Enjoy! :)
- 1 large butternut squash (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons freshly peeled and chopped ginger
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 15 oz. canned coconut milk
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Roasted pumpkin seeds and parsley for serving (optional)
- In a large pot, sauté the ginger and diced onion in coconut oil until softened.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked butternut squash and stir in coconut milk.
- Season with turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a stand mixer and blend to a smooth consistency (can be done in batches).
- Add desired toppings. Makes 5-6 servings.