Are you bold enough to try this? Today we are bringing you a Thai vegan dish that will wake up all your senses with its burst of aroma. Not your basic basil, this Tofu Holy Basil Stir-Fry has a unique taste that you can only get from fresh ingredients and herbs with a kick of spice.
In Ayurveda, Holy Basil is classified as an adaptogenic herb known for its ability to restore balance and harmony. It contains a high content of vitamin A & C, calcium, zinc, iron and chlorophyll to support your body with therapeutic properties.
Now that is what we call the Queen of Herbs 😊
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 red Thai chili pepper, chopped finely
1 Tablespoon red jalapeno, cut into thin strips or slices
1 cup firm tofu, pan fried and then chopped
1/2 cup holy basil leaves
1 Tablespoon thin soy sauce
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
1. Slice approximately 8-10 ounces of tofu into thin slices. Blot dry with a paper towel and then pan fry in oil over medium-high heat. Once the tofu is golden brown on both sides, remove from pan and chop into coarse, bite-sized pieces.
2. Chop the garlic and Thai chili finely.
3. Heat a wok or pan over high heat and then add some oil. Stir fry the garlic and chili until the garlic is golden brown.
4. Add 1 cup of the chopped tofu, 1 Tablespoon of red jalapeno slices, and both soy sauces. Stir fry together until the tofu is well coated with the sauces and the jalapenos are cooked through.
5. Add the holy basil leaves, mix into the dish, and quickly take the pan off the heat. Serve with jasmine rice and enjoy!