OH-SO-DELICIOUS BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (VEGAN)
Are you looking to satisfy your sweet tooth with a wholesome AND delightful treat? These oh-so-delicious blueberry muffins are here to save your day (and cravings!)
This vibrant fruit may be tiny, but don’t underestimate its powerful strike in providing the best antioxidants that help mitigate damage from free radicals on the skin. Blueberries are especially high in fiber, vitamin K, manganese, and vitamin C -- all the beneficial nutrients needed to increase your skin’s collagen production and elasticity!
Warning! After lots of taste-testing, we came to the conclusion that eating just one of these delicious muffins is impossible :-)
Treat yourself with this super healthy & yummy vegan recipe x
1 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of 1 lemon
1½ - 2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups and set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to allow milk to curdle.
3. In a larger bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. Mix together sugar, canola oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Add soymilk/vinegar mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients until well incorporated. Be careful not to overmix - a few lumps are okay. Fold in blueberries.
5. Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup about ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool before removing from pan.