Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
Hi everyone! Maria here from Spinach for Breakfast. Tis' the season of baking with vegetables! Zucchini bread, sweet potato pie, and carrot muffins are some of my favorites. You get something sweet, but still nutritious!
These Carrot Cake Muffins with lightened up icing are one of my favorite cozy winter breakfast or dessert. Plus, carrot provides an excellent source of vitamins – and we all know how important vitamin C is for our health and our skin.
One of my absolute favorite products by Odacité is the C for Colette serum. It's worth the splurge! It has 15% Vitamin C to help even out the appearance of skin tone, target signs of aging and fight skin fatigue. I slather it on during these cold winter months.
Enjoy these muffins on a chilly night! Recipe below :-)
3 cups of old-fashioned oats
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 medium bananas, mashed
2 eggs (optional)
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 heaping cup of shredded carrots
1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of cream cheese (dairy free)
1/3 cup of plain coconut yogurt
4 1/2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Almond milk (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour your oats into a blender/food processor and blend into a flour.
3. Add the cinnamon, baking soda nutmeg, bananas, eggs (optional), maple syrup, and almond milk to the blender and blend until just combined.
4. Pour the batter into a mixing bowl and mix in the shredded carrots, coconut and raisins.
5. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or lightly grease with coconut oil.
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each slot almost all the way.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
9. Mix all the icing ingredients together. Add a splash of milk if desired for a thinner icing.
10. Ice muffins and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.