It may not be Taco Tuesday today, but tacos are always a good idea any day of the week. 😉 We are currently obsessed with these vegan Chipotle Lime Cauliflower Tacos because they are full of fresh & tangy flavors, and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
You may have heard of cauliflower crust pizza, but did you know that this low-carb vegetable can also be added to your tacos? Cauliflower is incredibly versatile and can be used to replace grains and legumes in your diet. It is also high in vitamin C which acts as an antioxidant powerhouse to support the look of healthy and supple skin.
¼ cup lime juice
1-2 tablespoons chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup (optional)
2 cloves garlic
½ teaspoon salt
1 small head cauliflower (cut into bite-size pieces)
1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 can black beans, warmed
8 corn tortillas, warmed
Sliced red cabbage, fresh cilantro, guacamole, jalapeño for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Combine lime juice, chipotles to taste, honey, garlic and salt in a blender. Process until mostly smooth.
3. Place cauliflower in a large bowl, add the sauce and stir to coat. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle onion on top.
4. Roast, stirring once, until the cauliflower is tender and browned in spots, 18 to 20 minutes.
5. Serve the vegetables and beans in tortillas, garnished with cabbage, cilantro, guacamole, jalapeños and/or lime wedges. Enjoy!