We are so excited to introduce BIOACTIVE ROSE GOMMAGE a powerful new addition to the Odacité family. This rose-scented peeling gel, is formulated to give you pro-results at home, in only 10 minutes.
But first, what is “Gommage”?
“Gommage” [French for erase] is a professional exfoliation method, favored by aestheticians for its ability to remove dead skin and impurities without irritating the skin. European beauty enthusiasts may already be familiar with this method; it’s particularly de rigueur among the French.
Our founder, inspired by this treatment she grew up with, decided to create her own version of Gommage with a California feel, combining natural ingredients with the right mix of actives to give pro results anytime!
Why is a peel (or Gommage) so good for the skin?
The name alone is evocative, promising that old skin cells will peel away, revealing a new layer of skin underneath that’s smoother and fresher, with a reduced appearance of wrinkles. Too good to be true? Kind of. The most commonly known type of peel is a “chemical peel”, the repeated use of which can have possible side effects ranging from temporary redness to scarring
Our Bioactive Rose Gommage was born out of the desire to create a potent formula powered by nature, inspired by spa treatment and supported by clinical grade ingredients: :
- Fruit Enzymes: Papaya Enzymes [Papain] + Pineapple Enzymes [Bromelain] pair up to dissolve dead skin and refine skin texture by improving the appearance of pores, unveiling a smooth, glowing complexion.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Naturally present in the skin’s structure, this acid plays a crucial role in the beauty and health of the skin, helping to bind and retain moisture. As we age, skin starts to lose its concentration of this important acid and becomes dehydrated more easily. Providing your skin with the hydration support it needs improves its appearance, leaving you with skin that feels brand new!
- Konjac Root: This Japanese root plant has natural cleansing and purifying properties to support a clean and refreshed complexion.
- Rose Water: This ancient beauty elixir at the heart of Bioactive Rose Gommage brings its soothing effects to both the skin and mind. In addition to its use in aromatherapy, Rose Water can improve the appearance of redness and moisturize and calm even the most sensitive skin. Big plus: it opens the heart chakra to invite love and tenderness
How do you use it?
Bioactive Rose Gommage is made for all skin types: oily, dry, acne-prone, mature or “normal” skin. This peel is a multitasker, which means that you can use it as a masque or Gommage.
- TO GOMMAGE: Apply with brush and let dry slightly. Just before it’s fully dry, gently rub off the gel (it will roll off under your fingers). Rinse away any residue with warm water.
- TO MASQUE: Let dry completely, then rinse off with warm water.
You can also use it as a masque to target sensitive areas like the under-eye and lips.
- TO EYE MASQUE: Simply use the brush provided in the pack to apply a thin layer of product under the eye, then let it dry and rinse off with warm water to reveal a refreshed and beautiful eye contour. Caution: Do not rub off around the eye area!
- TO LIP MASQUE: Apply a thin layer of product and just before it’s fully dry, rub off to reveal plump and (way too) kissable lips!
Feel like you want to give it a try? Don’t wait around…we’re currently offering you a headband en soie to enhance your experience.