To celebrate Odacité’s 10th birthday, we are making these delicious Vegan Funfetti Cupcakes here at our HQ this week. These fluffy, soft and dreamy cupcakes are the perfect treat to enjoy on a special day. 🎂
Great for birthdays, anniversaries, casual Fridays and everything in between, we hope these cupcakes will bring you lots of joy and sweetness.
Cheers to another year of Health and Beauty! 🎉
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba (measured after whipping)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus a few tablespoons for topping
- Vanilla vegan frosting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard muffin pan with paper liners.
- Add the liquid from a can of chickpeas to a small bowl and whisk until foam forms on top, about 1-2 minutes. This is your egg replacement. When ready to use, measure 6 tablespoons.
- Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and stir a little. Set aside to curdle for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened vegan butter and sugar. Mix with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until creamed together, about 2 minutes.
- Now add in the 6 tablespoons whipped aquafaba and vanilla. Mix on medium speed again until well combined, about 1 minute.
- With the mixer on low, add dry ingredients in this order: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix until just incorporated. Now slowly pour in the almond milk mixture, and continue to mix until smooth and well combined. Fold in the 1/2 cup of sprinkles, gently with a spoon.
- Fill the liner 2/3 full and bake for 20-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- completely cool the cupackes before frosting. Frost generously with vanilla vegan frosting (optional) or top with more sprinkles. Enjoy!