Light, fresh and delicate, this is one of my favorite raw cheesecake recipes! Each bite melts into your mouth and is packed with vitamins and minerals.
Blueberries are full of the powerful antioxidant anthocyanin that helps mitigate damage from free radicals on the skin. Raw cashews are rich in vitamins C, E, K, and also contain antioxidants, phytochemicals and protein. Almonds are high in fiber and another great source of protein. All together these make a delicious, slightly nutty, sweet treat!
2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
1 lemon, juice only
½ cup coconut milk (use homemade for the raw version or full fat for the vegan one)
2 tbsp organic raw honey (or raw agave nectar for the strict vegans)
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup dry pitted dates, soaked overnight
½ cup raw almonds
1. Line a round 6" pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. To make crust - place the dry pitted dates and almonds in the food processor and pulse to obtain a sticky mixture.
3. Spread the mixture into the pan and press it to evenly arrange.
4. Next, drain the cashews and place them in the food processor along with the lemon juice, coconut milk and raw honey. Process to obtain a smooth cream.
5. Pour the cashew mixture in the pan on top of the crust, and spread evenly.
6. Place the blueberries (optional - add a teaspoon of honey or agave nectar) in the food processor and pulse to obtain a puree.
7. Top the cheesecake with the puree, cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
For serving, let it stay at the room temperature for 15 mins until it can be cut easily.