It’s Breast Cancer Awareness month! We’ll be seeing pink everywhere this month to raise awareness of this disease, reminding us of the importance of education and early detection as well as encouraging support of breast cancer survivors and those currently seeking treatment. I wanted to share my pink contribution with this Beet Pesto Pasta! It’s a sweet spin on a savory dish, easy to make and so delicious to eat. Plus the color is perfection! For more information on Breast Cancer Awareness, visit the website of our October charity partner Living Beyond Breast Cancer.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup soaked, raw cashews
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sliced beets (canned is fine!)
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 box of pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a pan and sauté the onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Once ready, add onion and garlic to a food processor with the cashews, almond milk, lemon juice, beets, and a dash each of sea salt and pepper.
- Process until very smooth. Taste test and add additional salt or pepper if needed. If the pesto is too thick, add a splash of almond milk to thin.
- Mix into cooked pasta and enjoy!